Red gums, swollen gums, sometimes painful gums. Gum problems are unpleasant. These can be caused by untreated gingivitis or periodontitis. Left unchecked, these can lead to serious problems with your teeth and your health.
One of the most effective ingredients in blue®m products is honey. Honey is famous as a sweetener, delicious in tea. But few people know that honey can also heal wounds! In the last 15 years honey has become a hot topic within medicine. This is due to concern over antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria.
Luckily honey kills the six most common bacteria in the mouth. Honey releases oxygen when it comes into contact with saliva in the mouth. This action is what kills the bacteria. Honey can also reduce inflammation and swelling in wounds.
Want a healthy ‘honey-boost? Try honey with hot water! Every morning a glass of honey water works wonders for your body. It helps you losing weight, gives a boost to your immune system, it stimulates your digestion and it rejuvenates your skin! Who would not want that? Don’t forget to use coldpressed honey though. When honey is heated it looses its important enzymes.
In the past few years there has been extensive research into the effects of honey in the human body. These published studies show the positive effects of honey in wound healing. Click the links below to read them.
All blue®m products (except for our supplement and toothbrushes of course) contain honey. The released active-oxygen makes sure your mouth stays healthy! Our product range:
- Toothpaste fluoride free – blue®m toothpaste, specially developed by a team of implantologists, oral surgeons and dentists, contains active oxygen derived from honey amongst others. Consequently, bluem® is different from other toothpastes and very effective.
- Mouthwash – bluem® mouthwash is the perfect completion to the usage of bluem toothpaste. The mouthwash is specially developed by a team of implantologists, oral surgeons and dentists, and contains active oxygen. The oxygen within the effective bluem formula normalises and controls harmful bacteria.
- Oral foam – bluem® oral foam is a rich foam, specially developed to condition gums and oral mucosa for people on the road (no brush or water needed: just pump, rinse and spit). People with orthodontic appliances, such as (clear) aligners, night guards, protective mouth guards and dentures use the foam for fast and easy cleaning of their appliances.
- Oral gel – bluem® oral gel is specially developed by a team of implantologists, oral surgeons and dentists for specific problems in the mouth. It is intended to improve wound healing by enhancing the levels of oxygen at pockets, bleeding gum, wounds which can result from extraction, implantation, chemotherapy or false teeth. Contains high amounts of oxygen!
- Toothpaste calciumfluoride – On request of several dentists we have also developed a toothpaste with fluoride. We do use a natural fluoride derived from calcium instead of the mostly used chemical variants such as sodium fluoride.
- Oxygen fluid – Oral mucositis is a common complication of chemotherapy. It starts a few days after the initiation of chemotherapy and lasts for one to two weeks. Chemotherapy-induced oral mucositis can cause ulcers and oral thrush. bluem® oxygen fluid is specially developed for people with a sensitive mouth. Contains high amounts of oxygen!
- Mouthspray – A bad breath can be caused by bacteria on the tongue, the gums and around teeth and implants. Start your day with a healthy ritual: brushing, scraping and rinsing. It helps, but during the day, bacteria increase and the unpleasant taste and smell returns. bluem® mouth spray is specially developed for people with bad breath or halitosis.
Daily oral care with active oxygen
Our products are developed to prevent and treat oral problems. Since we started our business we have seen amazing results with people suffering from inflamed gums, periodontitis and peri-implantitis. We sell our products in more than 30 countries and are recommended by the best implantologists and dentists. Not strange to see more and more enthusiastic people using bluem® for their daily ritual.