Have you ever had metal braces? In the early days metal braces were used for all kinds of dental problems. Nowadays there are all sorts of braces on the market including the most innovative of them all: the invisalign clear aligner. An invisalign clear aligner is not visible to the eye, comfortable and has many advantages to help correct your dental problems.
When do you need braces?
There are several reasons why braces are necessary. A summary:
- Reversed overbite – a progenia bite can stand in the way of the normal function of your front teeth. This can cause erosion of the teeth. It can also cause jaw discomfort
- Space between your teeth – spaces and gaps between your teeth can result in gum inflammation which in return results into a high risk of developing periodontitis
- Law bite – a law bite can lead to gum problems and/or erosion of the lower teeth. It can also cause painful jaw- and chew muscles
- An open bite – this can cause chewing to be painful and can even cause vocal problems
- Too close together – teeth that are too close together can cause severe distorted teeth. Due to the lack of space plaque can develop and multiply easily. Tooth decay and gum inflammation are a result of the layers of plaque that have developed
An invisalign clear aligner corrects the teeth with so called aligners. You replace the aligner every two weeks. Slowly but gradually your teeth will be positioned in the right place. The clear aligner will come with a treatment plan which is developed to solve the initial problem.
Good for your teeth, but how to keep them clean?
An invisalign clear aligner offers many advantages when wanting to improve your teeth. But how do you keep it clean? Because you wear your aligner for many hours in a row (approx. 22 hours) bacteria can nest in your brace. The advice of orthodontists is to clean them with your toothbrush and a bit of toothpaste or soap. This works alright, but we believe that your braces need a thorough cleanse to make sure all bacteria are killed.
Because we want to help all people, we have developed a unique product to help clean your invisalign braces, nigthguards, metal braces or dentures. bluem® oral foam is a rich foam, also developed to condition gums and oral mucosa for people on the road (no brush or water needed: just pump, rinse and spit).
For whom to use?
- people with dentures
- athletes who wear protective mouth guards
- people wearing orthodontic appliances like: clear aligners, retainers and fixed braces
- bruxists (people who grind teeth) wearing night guards
- for people after oral surgery
- people with poor breath or dry mouth (halitoses)
Safest way to clean orthodontic appliances and dentures
Apply foam directly into tray or denture. Spread foam evenly to cover all areas. Place tray or denture with foam in your mouth and spit out excess foam. You can also use a soft toothbrush to clean.
Very dirty? Apply the foam on your denture or braces and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse and put back in your mouth. It’s the safest way instead of using harmful chemicals to clean your denture or clear aligner. Wear as directed by your dental or orthodontic professional. For fixed braces follow instructions to assist oral hygiene.
Oral care ‘on the move’
Apply 2 pumps of oral foam directly into the mouth. Allow to act for at least 60 seconds. Do not swallow and do not rinse your mouth after use. A fast and friendly way to assist your oral hygiene during the day.
Want more information about oral health?
Want advice on how to take care of your teeth and gums? Want to know which products you need? Our dental hygienist Tessa is more than happy to help. Just send us an email!