Gather around, ladies! We, at blue®m, thought it’d be fun to create a women’s workout since International Women’s Day is approaching. Become the strongest, fittest and healthiest version of yourself, become a real power lady! Who do you challenge to work out with you? Your mother, sister, daughter or best friend? This workout is perfect to do together. And finally, we’ve added a fun exercise in which you have to join forces…
A note for all the exercises: Repeat 20 times. Done the challenging planking exercise? Start again from the top!
Workout 1: The Bridge
- Lie on your back with your arms at your side.
- Put your feet flat on the floor and put your heels a bit behind your bum.
- Push your bum up from your hips. Keep your feet, arms, the top of your shoulders and your head on the ground.
- Then, slowly release and lower your hips in a controlled manner.
Workout 2: Kick it back
- Place your hands and knees on the ground.
- Move one leg backwards, bend your knee and bring your leg up.
- Keep your other leg up for one second, tighten your glutes and then slowly release and lower your leg to the ground. Repeat this 20 times (in combination with your ot
Workout 3: Jump Squat
- Put your feet slightly wider apart than shoulder width.
- Slowly bend your hips and knees until your upper and lower legs are at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Push your bum backwards, as if you’re going to sit on a chair.
- Make a powerful jump up and land back in the squat position.
Workout 4: Skating
- Stand with your feet together and bend your knees slightly.
- Lower yourself some more, place your left leg behind your right and touch the ground with your left hand. Keep your back straight and tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Now, jump over to your left leg, place your right leg behind your left and touch the ground with your right hand.
Workout 5: Lunch
- Stand with slightly bended knees.
- Step forward with your right leg and lower your hips.
- Push yourself back up again.
- Repeat this with your left leg and change this up every time
Last but not least!
- Bring your body of the ground by on your hands and toes.
- Hold your back straight and tighten your abdominal muscles so that your body is in a straight line.
- The person going on top puts his or her hands around your ankles or just beside you on the ground and carefully puts his/her feet on your shoulders. This person holds their back straight and tightens their abdominal muscles so that their body is in a straight line as well. Try this now in half a minute.
Succeded? Wow! Well done! This excercice is challenging for your balance and strength!
Let us know what you thought of the workout!
Mirte Gratama is guest blogger for blue®m. Her passion is health and she believes that a healthy lifestyle is feasible for everyone. She sees it as her mission to get people moving with practical and feasible tips. Mirte is author of The Health Guide; an accessible and well-organized booklet with workouts, recipes and personal articles and tips about a healthy lifestyle.