This Policy covers:
a) What personal information is collected by Bluem through our Site;
b) How we use the information and with whom it is shared;
c) The options you have with respect to collection, use and sharing of this information;
d) How we control and protect your data (types of security procedures in place to protect the loss or misuse of this information).
By accessing or using the Site, or by clicking the “accept” button when you register for the Site, you consent to our use of your personal information as described in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
This Policy is part of, and is governed by, Bluem Europe BV, The Netherlands
a. What personal information is collected by Bluem through our Site
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for and use our Site. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you interact with our Site.
- Information You Provide to Us
We may collect personally identifiable information from you when you register with the Site, order products, provide comments and suggestions, sign up for newsletters, enter promotions, interact with us on our social media channels, submit content or send us feedback. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Identifying information. We may collect personally identifying information, including your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address;
- Payment Information. We collect your payment card information when you order products. However, we immediately send payment card information via encrypted transmission to our payment card processor. We do not store payment card information.
b. How we use the information and with whom it is shared
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes
- developing, providing and improving the our products and the Site;
- fulfilling product orders;
- managing and verifying your account and the identity of Site users;
- contacting you when necessary about your account or your use of the Site;
- sending you information and promotional materials about our products and Site, as well as our company in general;
- responding to support requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of our Site to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of our Site;
- protecting the security and integrity of our Site;
- complying with court orders and legal process, and to enforce our Terms of Service and this Policy; and
- any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Policy.
We may combine information we collect about you through the Site with other information about you that we receive from third-party sources. By way of example and not limitation, we may use a change of address or other list service to ensure that our records for your account are accurate.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share the personally identifiable information we collect in connection with the Site with third parties, as described below:
i) Service Providers
We may share your personal information with our third-party distributors, vendors, suppliers, distributors and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Site, processing payments, performing marketing or consulting services, and assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications and with fulfilling orders. We have signed processor agreements with our Service Providers.
ii) Third-Party Analytics Providers
We may also share your personal information with third parties who conduct marketing studies and data analytics. These third parties may combine your information with the information of other consumers for purposes of conducting these studies and/or analytics. These analytics companies are restricted from using your personal information except in connection with the analytics services they provide to Bluem.
iii) Our Affiliates
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Policy with regard to their use of your information.
iii) Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
iv) Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of other users of the Site, third parties, or the public at large; or
- we believe that you have abused a Service by using it to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or the Bluem’s Terms of Service.
vi) Aggregate Information
We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from other third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
c. The options you have with respect to collection, use and sharing of this information
We provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
d. How we control and protect your data
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Bluem has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the personal information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at email@example.com.
No Use by Children
The Site is not intended for users younger than 16. We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we decide to make a material change in this Policy, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your personally identifiable information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of the information we collect from you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.